Tuesday, June 2, 2020

CST 499 Week 5

This week we continued working on our project. Initially, I was working entirely in my own Github branch. It was many commits behind the master branch. I thought I could merge them all later, but that creates a lot of problems. This week, we worked more with the Github Issues project management feature where we assign ourselves tasks and then use pull requests to merge in to the master branch after they are reviewed. This system works for me and makes a lot of sense for everyone involved.

I also worked this week on learning how to branch, reset head, add, commit, checkout, and push to master with only the command line. Before, I only used the Github for Desktop app which I have had decent luck with. Then I had problems with merge conflicts and instances where I needed to reset the head of the branch but didn't have any buttons to do that. This prevented me from pulling from the master and using the command line makes it a lot easier. I still use the Github for Desktop app to check if changes have been made in a easy to see way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cst 499 week 8

This week, we finished writing the paper in order to do the best job possible even if it was a little bit late. Now that everything is done,...