Tuesday, April 23, 2019

W7 CST 338 Software Design


Have you ever created an app before, either for Android or iPhone?  How did it go?
Do you have any ideas for apps that you could create for recreation?  What about business?
Update your learning journal from what you experienced this week with class. 
I have made a basic app for a mini-hackathon using Android Studio about a year ago. At the time, I was using my laptop which is decent for most computer science homework but bad at running Android Studio smoothly or doing that database assignment that had like 10k data points to compile every time. I had major problems working with the constraints. I had never dealt with constraints in Eclipse window builder so this was entirely new. In the end, I think I only got a button to go to the next page with icons that were not yet implemented. I did meet some interesting people who went to the local UC here and have gone on to work at one of like two tech companies in Modesto.
I would like to eventually create an app that is like a Tamogotchi where it needs to be fed and played with or it will die. I also want to make a study app that I started at the previously mentioned mini-hack. The idea is that it gives you study and memorization related tasks and when you get a 7 day streak, you can buy your reward that you specify at the beginning of the week. In the end, you would learn many study skills and techniques like flash cards, flash cards using spaced repetition, Cornell notes, blank document technique, cheat sheet planning, and doing book problems even if they weren’t assigned. When students first get to college, many are not sure how to study after cruising effortlessly through High School, this would aid those students. Many other study apps rely on an hours over results mentality in an effort to make it a roleplaying game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cst 499 week 8

This week, we finished writing the paper in order to do the best job possible even if it was a little bit late. Now that everything is done,...