Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Week 9 CST 205 Multimedia Programming and Design


I learned that I will need 8-10 hours to get familiar with python. So far, I have installed PyCharm to at least have an IDE for python. I have had some trouble with it. I decided to reset my python progress on codeacademy.com since I did it more than a year ago. Learn Python on that website is actually python 2 according to my research. I am going to a few used bookstores to see if I can get a book to help me with python. I like to have a paper copy so I can underline and write my notes in the book. The material will be released and due on the same days as the other course. There will be two peer evaluation sessions, so I can get more feedback on my skills from my teammates.

In this course I hope to learn how to work with python and maybe the adobe creative suite since it was free through the school.  It will be a challenge for me to learn the basics this week. I planned out a 15h primer which includes 5h of codeacademy.com, 5h of geeks4geeks.com to learn basic functions, and 5h of translating the Java data structures in my Cracking the Coding Interview book to python. It is ambitious but getting some learning done is better than none.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cst 499 week 8

This week, we finished writing the paper in order to do the best job possible even if it was a little bit late. Now that everything is done,...