Tuesday, March 10, 2020

CST438 Software Engineering


what did you think Software Engineering was about before you started this course?  After the first week, in what way has your concept of Software Engineering changed?

I thought that software engineering was the process that results in software. I have a better impression of software after this week. I thought that it was interesting how cloud computing became such an important innovation in the past few years. The book mentioned how a popular online game was able to scale because of cloud computing. I thought that was interesting because it would be difficult to maintain servers in the house if someone worked from home. On the other hand, it could cost them a lot if the website became very popular but didn’t generate any money. I wonder how cheap cloud computing can become in the coming years.

I had a bad experience with Digital Ocean droplet servers. For a small project, I signed up and then I thought I turned them all off but I kept getting charged every month. I kept them because I thought I would work on it later but didn’t. I eventually had to delete everything to get rid of the charges for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cst 499 week 8

This week, we finished writing the paper in order to do the best job possible even if it was a little bit late. Now that everything is done,...