Tuesday, March 19, 2019

CST 338 Software Design

OOP is not in all languages.  Have you used one that does not?
What was your experience?
How extensively have you used OOP outside of the classroom?
Are you experience with UML diagrams and do they help?
Update your learning journal from what you experienced this week with class. 

I have not used OOP when I was learning ActionScript3 in my Adobe Animate CC class. It was an introductory class where Programming II was not required. If I had more knowledge of it, my final project program would have been a lot shorter than 1000 lines. My project was a basic recipe book/app of my favorite recipes separated into different categories like main or side dish, then into various meat or vegetable dishes for main or side dish. A lot of these functions were exactly the same except for the text. I have not used much OOP outside of the classroom. I don't have industry experience yet and my whiteboard interview studies don't include much use of it.
I learned about UML diagrams and used them for a few projects in Programming II. The book we learned from was Intro to Java Programming by David Liang. UML diagrams are informative because they describe the class, data fields, constructors, and relevant methods including data types.
This week, we learned about how to create Object Oriented Programming classes which feature abstraction, inheritance, polymorphism, and encapsulation. OOP allows code to be reused in many ways. We learned about how to use constructors and overload methods. We used arrays and the ArrayList class. An array is used to store a collection of data of the same type. ArrayLists can store objects. We also used static methods and static variables. Static methods can be called without creating an instance of the class and static variables can be accessed by all methods in the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

cst 499 week 8

This week, we finished writing the paper in order to do the best job possible even if it was a little bit late. Now that everything is done,...